New Delhi: It is that time of the year when the three big e-marketplaces Flipkart, Amazon, and Snapdeal, offer discounts across the different categories of products. This is the best time to purchase a new phone for yourself or upgrade your home interiors, wardrobe, or kitchen.
You may manage to get some flat discount on a product, but are you aware of the tips that will get you a maximum discount during the big online sale? Here you go:
1. Shopping on app results in maximum benefit, as possibilities of money return, cashback, or extra discount are more while shopping on an app. So, keep the app of the big shopping sites downloaded or updated on your phone.
2. If you shop for more than Rs 15,00 on Amazon’s app and use the HDFC Banks debit or credit card, you would be eligible for a 15 percent discount on a product. The discount offered will only be 10 percent if you shop on the website.
3. Using an Amazon wallet will also give a benefit of Rs 150.
4. Shopping on the Snapdeal app through HDFC Bank’s card will also give a discount of 15 percent; shopping through ICICI Bank’s card will offer a discount of 10 percent and a discount of 5 percent if payment is made through net banking.
Those using net banking or SBI card will get the maximum benefit on Flipkart.
5. Some sites like Flipkart announce the day-wise sale. For example, Fashion, Home, TV and-and appliances sale was offered on Day one. Mobile and accessories sale on Day two, and electronic sale on Day 3. Snapdeal or Amazon does not have a day-wise sale.
6. Keep a note of the date of sale. The 5-day sale began on Amazon on October 1, but the 5-day sale on Snapdeal and Flipkart began October 2.
READ ALSO :
- Ask Harsh Roongta anything on Personal Finance: Working abroad?
- Two get life imprisonment for killing a teacher
- Govt plans to rank states on education
- Tips for staying safe on the web
- Make your home look artsy with these simple tips
7. The discounts on the sales keep changing throughout the day. The maximum discounts can be available at night, while the lowest discounts are offered in the peak hour or the daytime.
8. Some companies show an inflated retail price for comparison. It is best to compare the discount being offered on different shopping sites. Also, verify the MRP from the parent site of the product.
A user can keep the product in the shopping cart for 15 minutes; if a product is an n short supply and in your cart, make a quick decision whether you would like to buy it.