NEW DELHI: The country’s top two carmakers Maruti Suzuki and Hyundai, said they sold over 45,000 units on Dhanteras. Maruti Suzuki India Ltd and Hyundai Motor India Ltd (HMIL) reported good sales on Dhanteras, considered auspicious for making new purchases. This Dhanteras, the customers have made heightened purchases with deliveries of 15,153 Hyundai cars, a growth of 26 percent over last year.
HMIL Senior Vice President Sales and Marketing Rakesh Srivastava told PTI. He further said: “We expect to have 50,000-plus deliveries for the full month, making this festival season the best in the last couple of years. Good monsoons, better consumer sentiments, and the 7th Pay Commission award have fuelled demand for automobiles. Stay updated on the go with the Times of India News App. Click here to download it for your device.
READ ALSO :
- The lax system, reluctant victims embolden mobile phone thieves
- Automobile sales continue on their growth path (Intro Roundup)
- ‘India needs to improve on entrepreneurship, quality of life.’
- Automobile startup BookMyTime buys Servicemykar
- Facebook now trying to cash on BCCI’s biggest property, the Indian Premier League