Vodafone India. The Indian telecom Travel Knowledge regulator, TRAI, stated Reliance Jio’s ‘free voice calls for life’ plan was not predatory and did not violate any regulations.
Airtel and Vodafone India were forced to lower their tariff plans after Reliance Jio rolled out free voice calls plan. The incumbent telecom operators had claimed the plan for predatory.
Reliance Jio welcomed TRAI’s decision and termed it as a win, stressing that its package’s big focus is the freedom to voice calling for Local, STD, and National roaming at all times. Meanwhile, TRAI said Reliance Jio could not extend its ‘Welcome Offer’ and should conclude by the end of the year.
Reliance Jio offered a welcome plan under which new subscribers could avail of a host of free offers for 90 days.
Jio is also offering unlimited free fourth-generation or 4G mobile broadband until December 31.
READ ALSO :
- ‘India needs to improve on entrepreneurship, quality of life.’
- Meizu m3s Launched in India: Price, Release Date, Specifications, and More
- Blackstone plans two REITs for office assets
- Play on Ahilyabai shows life journey
- Ominous news for Aleppo as Russian frigate reaches Syrian coast