With iPhone 7 and Apple Watch Series having been announced, the next big product from Apple could be the updated Mac lineup. Apple’s Mac range has needed an update for a really long time. Apple has also not introduced any flagship device to showcase its new macOS Sierra.
Apple’s new MacBook Pro will replace the keyboard’s function keys with a new OLED touch bar. The new OLED touch bar is reported to offer quick access to some of the common actions.
According to MacRumours, Apple will deploy AMD’s ‘Polaris graphics chips’ with the new 15-inch model. Apple is also rumored to bring Touch ID support to the MacBook range. With macOS Sierra, Apple brought support for Apple Pay on the web, but the feature still relies on using TouchID on the iOS device. With Touch ID on Mac, Apple Pay could become a significant experience for online shopping.
MacRumors reports that Apple is testing macOS 10.12.1 with support for new updated hardware. The new macOS version is aimed to benefit from new features like the OLED bar and native Touch ID support.
Apple is also likely to update MacBook Air models with a USB-C port and probably a new design. MacBook Air, Apple’s best-selling Mac notebook, has not seen an update for a really long time. Apple is expected to introduce USB-C ports and Intel’s seventh-generation chipsets.
MacRumors reports Apple will also introduce new iMacs with AMD graphics processors and a new 5K standalone display developed in collaboration with LG. Apple’s Mac Mini and Mac Pro are also in need of significant updates, and rumors don’t seem to be indicating any updates on that front.
READ ALSO :
- Pokemon Go release date in India, China, South Korea still in the dark: Will its launch come too late
- India witnesses Significant Jump in Computer Technology Patent Applications
- Lord of the arcade: Gamers to clash in city lord of the arcade: Gamers to clash in the city
- DHFL, LIC Housing, Manappuram Finance, L&T Finance hit record highs
- The Finance ministry raises serious concerns over Moody’s methodology